Cherry Lindsey Rosin Books

Cherry Lindsey Rosin Books
2.5 starsI wanted to like this more than I did.
In ways, it was utterly realistic.
In others, it was utterly unrealistic.
For example, I simply don't believe, in this day and age, that none of these girls, as seniors in high school, would know how to masturbate. Nope. You can't convince me otherwise.
Beyond that,Layla's character was a little too uptight for my taste and most of the guys were complete douche bags.
Overall, it was a fun idea...sort of 'American Pie' for girls...but I don't feel it was executed all that well.

Tags : Amazon.com: Cherry (9781481459082): Lindsey Rosin: Books,Lindsey Rosin,Cherry,Simon Pulse,1481459082,Social Themes - Dating & Sex,Social Themes - Friendship,Social Themes - New Experience,Best friends,Best friends;Fiction.,Bildungsromans,Coming of age,Coming of age;Fiction.,Dating (Social customs),JUVENILE FICTION Social Issues Dating & Sex,JUVENILE FICTION Social Issues Friendship,JUVENILE FICTION Social Issues New Experience,Self-realization,Sex,Virginity,Virginity;Fiction.,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 10-12),Social Themes - Dating & Relationships,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Coming of Age,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes Dating & Sex,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes Friendship,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Social Themes New Experience,Young Adult FictionSocial Themes - Friendship,Young Adult FictionSocial Themes - New Experience,debut; sex; American Pie; virginity; v card; losing it; lost it; sex pact; virginity pact; Kristen Tracy; Judy Blume; Forever; Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist; Megan McCafferty; Sloppy Firsts
Cherry Lindsey Rosin Books Reviews
This book is perfection. I laughed. I cried. It took me right back to how I felt in high school in the best way. This is honest, real, and so relatable. I saw a little bit of myself in each of the characters, and found myself rooting for each of them in their own ways. I'm honestly jealous of all of you out there who haven't read it yet because you get to experience it, for the first time...
This is a fabulous coming of age story and a real testimony to the author's ability to convey the deep roots of friendships formed by shared experiences, from elementary school through high school. Their fear of losing that connection with the closing of one chapter (graduation) and the beginning of another (college/adulthood) is so very real, and the author has captured that essence perfectly. It is clear that as these four friends explore their individual sexuality, their unyielding support of each other eases the trauma of a very confusing time in their lives. Now that I am totally vested in the lives of these characters, I would love to know how they fare after graduation. Sequel, please!
I usually reread books quite a bit if I paid for them, but I'm giving this one away. It was almost insultingly predictable. The revolving door of one-dimensional potential sex partners was probably meant to keep the reader guessing, and maybe I'm not the target audience (I mean, I'm 22, which isn't THAT old), but I had no emotional connection to any of these characters and could basically guess what their purpose would be within two paragraphs of their introduction.
The dialogue between the girls was pretty good, but their reactions to events weren't always believable based on the personality they were assigned. There are way better coming-of-age or "sexual awakening" books out there with complex characters and meaningful interactions. Try "The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things" or "13 Reasons Why."
I loved this book! It's smart, funny and easy-to-read, whether you're a teenage girl or not (I'm a 29-year-old man and was laughing out loud throughout, as the story is so universally accessible). A lot of it revolves around sex in high school, and the author handles the topic deftly and the story is really empowering for young women. It's the kind of book I see you reading alongside your daughter and using it as springboard for a smart discussion on sex. Highly recommend it!
What is there to say that hasn't already been said in the actual pages of this game-changing, brilliant, soul-touching book? "Cherry" is a must read for everyone. For adults like myself who didn't have easily accessible positive literature or media or models about female sexuality and orgasms and empowering sex in the 1980s and 1990s. For young adults now, inundated with media, still in the throes of a culture saturated by sexism and patriarchy. For anyone who has ever loved or cared for or raised a young adult, especially a female-identified young adult, so that their stories can be known and heard and honored in full truth. This book is important. It is a must read. Rosin has captured the essence of nuance, the way friendship is a journey and not a destination, and the way emotions and feeling are at the crux of our beautiful humanness. What awe.
We need this book. Such an important conversation about modern sexuality, friendship and love all packed in to a fantastic story about best friends. It made me miss High School and wish I had the connection these girls (and guys) did at their ages. Rosin writes with such ease in the voice of teens without making them sound immature or careless. It felt real and yet as a 30-something I was just as engaged. A fantastic debut.
I thought this book was tons of fun and it is exactly the type of book I wish I'd read in high school. The confident characters are inspiring.
Reviewers have said Ages 14 and up, and I adore it and I'm no stick in the mud, but as a teacher, I'd say 16 and up, minimum. There's some pretty explicit, but appropriate to the plot, sexual content.
I love the voices of all the characters and I love the messages sent by this book for young women take charge of yourself, control your destiny, understand your body, listen to your gut, love is love.
I think it's really well done and it isn't a high brow, YA masterpiece, but it's super enjoyable. A great read.
2.5 stars
I wanted to like this more than I did.
In ways, it was utterly realistic.
In others, it was utterly unrealistic.
For example, I simply don't believe, in this day and age, that none of these girls, as seniors in high school, would know how to masturbate. Nope. You can't convince me otherwise.
Beyond that,Layla's character was a little too uptight for my taste and most of the guys were complete douche bags.
Overall, it was a fun idea...sort of 'American Pie' for girls...but I don't feel it was executed all that well.

0 Response to "≫ Libro Gratis Cherry Lindsey Rosin Books"
Post a Comment